Monday, August 25, 2014

Cwafty Update #5

Hi guys! Long time, no blog. Well it's been about a week or so, so I thought I should give you guys a little explanation and tell you some other stuff I've been meaning to get to.

Traditional visit to the local cafe for first day of school! Normally I don't indulge this much.
Read all the updates below!


1. I started school last Tuesday. It's my second year at my local community college in the transfer program. Basically I'm getting lots of gen. ed courses done and taking advantage of a few electives (hey, they're required!) It was a close call getting back for this semester (paperwork urgh.) I'm ecstatic to be back though and wanted to let you know the blog may get a little bit more "student-y." Maybe some college lifestyle posts, definitely some style stuff, and lots of photo shoots from my downtown campus.

2. On the Wednesday after that, I got into a car accident. Now before you freak out, I'm fine and so was the driver of the car I was in and the person that we hit. Not a scratch on any of us. The car though, that poor Baby (the car's legitimate name) is K.O.'d. The car had a really long front end and that's probably what saved us from any damage, our air bags didn't deploy or anything. I was a little bit shaken since it was the first collision I've ever been in but my friend who was driving was absolutely devastated. It was his first collision as well (he's an exceptional driver) and he was a bit of a mess, so I've been helping him get through that and trying to keep his spirits up. That's why I ended up taking the rest of last week off, even though I had posts ready to go, I was too emotionally, mentally and physically invested in other things. I'm sorry, but I'm sure you can understand.

Now that we're past the bad news, lets get onto some of the updates I've been neglecting.

Via
3. Venture has landed! He made it to his first stop on hopefully a very long vacation. He is visiting one of my best bloggy buddies Carly from Zauberbear currently. You don't have to be a blogger to have Venture come visit you though! It's open to anyone who wants to participate, just comment below or email me at cwaftycreations at gmail.com if you are interested.

4. I am currently working on a project for a kit for Darby Smart! How exciting! Unfortunately I already did one project for them, but it's unfinished because the supply I picked did not work as advertised. Back to the drawing board for now!

5. I'm on Instagram now! Whoo! I just stepped into the modern era technology wise and got my first smart phone, so I'm now obsessed with getting everything about it customized and downloading all the necessary apps and unnecessary ones too. Anyway, follow me @cwaftyrach here.

6. In all the after-crash aftermath I missed my birthday! Well, my blog's birthday, August 22nd. Guys, I'm one year old!! I will have more on this later, because I totally plan on doing a belated birthday post, but I wanted to mention it.

I think that's everything for now. Posting will resume tomorrow. I love you all, thanks for one great year and many more to come!!

Til Next Time!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the car accident! Glad everybody is okay. ♥ Congrats on going back to school, turning one year old, joining Instagram, and working for Darby Smart! Eek, you're a bushel of successes!

    And as for Venture, it's quite early in the night, but he's currently snoozing and I think it's because of the crickets. My house is a bit of a cricket colony this summer and something about their songs seem to sing Venture right to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First up, yay on Darby Smart! But a wreck, I had no idea! I'm glad you're okay and I totally understand how upsetting that first wreck can be. I was on my way to finals in my pajamas after sleeping late in college when I had my first wreck. I was scared to death to drive again but in the end it made me a safer and more defensive driver (though I wasn't exactly a bad driver before) which isn't a bad thing. I do hope you both get through it quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hopped over from Carly's blog for a visit : ) Venture is awesome!! Would he be interested in visiting the midwest? I live in Missouri!

    ReplyDelete